What to Know
- Locate the USB port on your TV or use an HDMI-to-USB adapter to add a USB port to the TV.
- Use a cable that plugs into both the phone and TV or adapter to connect the devices.
- Go to the Source button on the TV remote control or on-screen menu. Select USB.
How to do I connect My Smartphone to my TV?
- Plug-in the MHL adapter to your phone’s USB port Hook the adapter up to a power source. Some newer adapters do not require an external power source, though. Connect your phone to your TV by inserting an HDMI cable into the adapter and to your compatible TV That’s it. You can proceed to start watching movies and playing games on your TV.
- 1 How do I connect my phone to my TV using USB?
- 2 How do I connect my phone to my TV via USB C HDMI?
- 3 How do I connect my phone to my TV via USB without HDMI?
- 4 How do I connect my Android phone to my TV?
- 5 Why won’t my phone connect to my TV with HDMI?
- 6 How do I connect my Samsung phone to my TV using USB?
- 7 What is the USB port on my TV for?
- 8 How do I make my phone MHL compatible?
- 9 Can I stream Netflix from phone to TV with USB?
How do I connect my phone to my TV using USB?
Prepare the Android smartphone and Micro USB cable. Connect the TV and smartphone with the Micro USB cable. Set the USB setting of the smartphone to File Transfers or MTP mode. Open the TV’s Media Player app.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Media.
- Select Photo, Music or Video.
How do I connect my phone to my TV via USB C HDMI?
Connect With an Adapter or Cable The simplest option is a USB-C to HDMI adapter. If your phone has a USB-C port, you can plug this adapter into your phone, and then plug an HDMI cable into the adapter to connect to the TV. Your phone will need to support HDMI Alt Mode, which allows mobile devices to output video.
How do I connect my phone to my TV via USB without HDMI?
Connect Your Phone or Tablet to Your TV Via USB
- Android – Using a USB Cable.
- Connect With An Adapter Or Cable.
- Connect With a Converter.
- Connect Using MHL.
- Connect Using SlimPort.
- Stream With a DLNA App.
- Connect With Samsung DeX.
- Connect With a DLNA App.
How do I connect my Android phone to my TV?
Cast content from your device to your TV
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android TV.
- Open the app that has the content you want to cast.
- In the app, find and select Cast.
- On your device, select the name of your TV.
- When Cast. changes color, you’re successfully connected.
Why won’t my phone connect to my TV with HDMI?
Make sure that the mobile device is being connected to the HDMI Input of the TV that is labeled MHL. Make sure that the MHL input on the TV is enabled: On the supplied remote, press HOME → then select Settings → Setup or Channels & Inputs → BRAVIA Sync settings (HDMI CONTROL) → Auto Input Change (MHL).
How do I connect my Samsung phone to my TV using USB?
Simply connect your cable to your phone, then to the TV. With the standard USB end of the cable connected to your display, change the input on your TV to USB. On Android, it’s likely you’ll need to change your USB settings to Transfer files or Transfer photos (PTP).
What is the USB port on my TV for?
What are USB ports for on a TV? USB ports on a TV serve a variety of functions, including as an input type for USB flash drives and powering a TV antenna or streaming device. You could even use it to charge your smartphone if you wanted.
How do I make my phone MHL compatible?
To use the MHL output from a mobile device using a micro-USB connector, the MHL output must be converted by using an MHL adapter. MHL can only be adapted to HDMI. Although many mobile devices use the micro-USB connector and the MHL adapters can plug into your mobile device, the mobile device still requires MHL support.
Can I stream Netflix from phone to TV with USB?
To connect your Android phone or tablet to your TV, you’ll need a cable to mirror the display of your mobile device content onto your TV. Most newer Android phones and tablets will use a connection Type C (also known as USB-C) or Type D (Micro HDMI).