In order to block the IMEI number, you will need to register an FIR in a police station about your stolen/lost device. The police station will provide you with a copy of the FIR. Take the copy of the FIR to your service provider (Airtel, Vodafone etc) and show them the copy of the FIR.
Is my phone stolen IMEI?
- If your iPhone or Android phone has been stolen and you forgot to check and write down the IMEI number, there’s still a possibility you can find it. If you kept the box that your phone came in, there’s a good chance you’ll find a sticker on the outside of it that lists the IMEI number of your phone.
- 1 How can I block my stolen phone using IMEI number?
- 2 How can I lock my phone with IMEI number?
- 3 How can I block my stolen phone?
- 4 Can I shut down my phone with IMEI number?
- 5 Can you report a phone stolen with IMEI?
- 6 Can a IMEI blocked phone be unblocked?
- 7 How can I block IMEI number on my Samsung phone?
- 8 What happens when a IMEI is blocked?
- 9 How can I block my sim online?
- 10 What do you do if someone stole your phone?
- 11 What should I do when my phone is stolen?
- 12 Can someone unlock my stolen phone?
- 13 How do I permanently disable my phone?
- 14 How do I turn off IMEI?
How can I block my stolen phone using IMEI number?
How can I block my lost mobile phone?
- Go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google Account.
- The lost phone will get a notification.
- On the Google map, you will get the location of your phone.
- Choose what you want to do. If needed, first click Enable lock & erase.
How can I lock my phone with IMEI number?
Block a stolen phone with IMEI number. Step 1: Before applying for IMEI blacklisting, you’ll have to visit the nearest police station and file a report with the Police.
- Enter the primary mobile number.
- Enter the IMEI 1 and IMEI 2.
- Device Brand – (Ex: Apple, OnePlus, etc.)
- Device Model – (Ex: iPhone 12, OnePlus Nord).
How can I block my stolen phone?
Browse to the Android Device Manager Web site and scan for your device. You should see three options: “Ring,” ” Lock,” and “Erase.” To send a new lock code to your device, click on “Lock.” Enter and confirm the new password and then click on the “Lock” button.
Can I shut down my phone with IMEI number?
Typing *#06# into your phone gives you your IMEI number. You keep that number somewhere else so if your phone is lost or stolen, then you can contact your provider to shut your phone down. If you have an Android, use your recovery phone number as your password.
Can you report a phone stolen with IMEI?
If the device was stolen, immediately report the theft to the police, including the make and model, serial and IMEI or MEID or ESN number. Some service providers require proof that the device was stolen, and a police report would provide that documentation. Immediately report the theft or loss to your service provider.
Can a IMEI blocked phone be unblocked?
Some companies claim to be able to unblock blacklisted IMEIs. Others can unlock your phone, but they can’t remove it from IMEI blacklists. Even reputable services could have trouble reinstating your T-Mobile phone’s IMEI. Two companies that offer IMEI unblocking are IMEI Authority and Cell Unlocker.
How can I block IMEI number on my Samsung phone?
If you lost your device, at first you can submit a FIR at your nearest police station. Tracking the mobile via IMEI is under authorization of law enforcement agency e.g. Police. IMEI number can be blocked by Mobile service provider (Mobile network operator)
What happens when a IMEI is blocked?
Blacklisting works by blocking your phone’s unique identifier (IMEI number). When a phone is blacklisted because it has been lost or stolen, it cannot make or receive calls or use data.
How can I block my sim online?
Call the Airtel Customer care number 198 or 121 from your Airtel number. Request the executive to block your number. The customer care executive will ask for your Airtel number for the verification of the owner of the SIM you want to block.
What do you do if someone stole your phone?
Steps to take when your phone is stolen
- Check that it isn’t just lost. Someone swiped your phone.
- File a police report.
- Lock (and maybe erase) your phone remotely.
- Call your cellular provider.
- Change your passwords.
- Call your bank.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Note your device’s serial number.
What should I do when my phone is stolen?
What to do if your phone is lost or stolen
- Step 1: Call your phone or use your carrier’s mobile app to send an alert.
- Step 2: Text your cell phone.
- Step 3: Use your phone’s built-in find my phone feature.
- Step 4: Remotely erase the data from your phone.
- Step 5: Lock your phone & change passwords.
Can someone unlock my stolen phone?
If you’re not using a PIN or you’re using something easy to guess—like 1234 —a thief can easily get access to your device. Just like on an iPhone, your Android phone will continue displaying notifications on your lock screen.
How do I permanently disable my phone?
Power Off Normally
- Press the “Power” button on your Android to wake it from sleep mode.
- Press and hold the “Power” button to open the Device Options dialog.
- Tap “Power Off” in the dialog window.
- Press and hold the “Power” button.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” button.
How do I turn off IMEI?
To turn off the device, subscribers must first declare the theft to the police and then submit to the provider a written request to disable the device, attaching the declaration form.