- A smartphone is a cellular telephone with an integrated computer and other features not originally associated with telephones such as an operating system, w eb browsing, and the ability to run software applications. Smartphones can be used by individuals in both a consumer and a business context, and are now almost integral to everyday modern life.
- 1 What exactly is a smartphone?
- 2 Why is it called a smartphone?
- 3 What are examples of smartphones?
- 4 What is a smartphone short answer?
- 5 What is the purpose of smartphones?
- 6 What is the first smartphone?
- 7 What is difference between mobile phone and smartphone?
- 8 What is the use of smartphone in our daily life?
- 9 Is Apple a smartphone?
- 10 What are the features of smartphone?
- 11 Which type of device is mobile phone?
- 12 What are the disadvantages of using smartphones?
- 13 Who invented smartphone?
What exactly is a smartphone?
A smartphone is a handheld electronic device that provides a connection to a cellular network. Smartphones allow people to make phone calls, send text messages, and access the Internet.
Why is it called a smartphone?
A smartphone is another term used to refer to a personal digital assistant. This is a device that has a color screen and combines the features of a laptop and a mobile phone. It also has the ability to connect networks wirelessly and send electronic messages.
What are examples of smartphones?
iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows phone, Galaxy, Xperia etc. iPhone, Android (for example, Samsung Galaxy), Blackberry, Windows Phone, etc.
What is a smartphone short answer?
A smartphone is a mobile phone that can also be used as a computer. They work as a computer but are mobile devices small enough to fit in a user’s hand. Uses include: Sending and receiving emails, text, photographs and multimedia messages. Registering contacts.
What is the purpose of smartphones?
Our digital-dependent society relies on smartphones to communicate and stay connected. Unlike a feature phone, a smartphone keeps users connected through messaging services, email, video calls and social networking apps, in addition to standard text messaging and phone calls.
What is the first smartphone?
The first Android phone – released in 2008 The first Android device was the HTC Dream or the T-Mobile G1 if you were in the US.
What is difference between mobile phone and smartphone?
Even though we often call smartphones mobile phones, the 2 terms technically refer to different devices. A mobile phone and a smartphone are both mobile devices you can use to call and send texts. Another difference is that mobile phones often have a physical keyboard, while smartphone keyboards are usually virtual.
What is the use of smartphone in our daily life?
Most of us use their smartphone every day, to surf the internet and social media platforms, check emails, manage calendars, listen to music, play games, watch videos, take photos, read the news, write text messages and also, every now and then we use them for their original purpose, to make phone calls.
Is Apple a smartphone?
iPhone uses the iOS operating system, while most Smartphones use the Android operating system. However, all other Smartphones are available in the market at different price points. On the Apple App Store, there are over 1.85 million apps are available for iPhone and other Apple devices.
What are the features of smartphone?
The following are some of the other key features of a smartphone:
- Internet connectivity.
- A mobile browser.
- The ability to sync more than one email account to a device.
- Embedded memory.
- A hardware or software-based QWERTY keyboard.
- Wireless synchronization with other devices, such as laptop or desktop computers.
Which type of device is mobile phone?
Mobile device is a general term for any handheld computer or smartphone. Tablets, e-readers, smartphones, PDAs, portable music players, smartwatches, and fitness trackers with smart capabilities are all mobile devices.
What are the disadvantages of using smartphones?
Disadvantages of having a smartphone
- Phones can be addictive and spending too much time on them can make you socially isolated from the real world.
- Overuse of smartphones has led to the development of a smartphone etiquette.
- You will lose your smartphone.
- Smartphones are expensive.
Who invented smartphone?
It was nearly 25 years ago when IBM released a bulky touchscreen smartphone called Simon. Now demand appears to be slowing down. The tech company IBM is widely credited with developing the world’s first smartphone – the bulky but rather cutely named Simon.