You can find the option under WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. You can choose whether to back up the media files or just the chat along with the frequency of backup. On your new smartphone, you will be prompted to restore the chat history stored over your Google Drive account, as soon as you log in to WhatsApp.
Is there a way to transfer WhatsApp from old phone to new phone?
- Double click on the download button above and follow the instructions to free install and run this WhatsApp Transfer on your computer. Open this WhatsApp transfer and select the WhatsApp Transfer feature. Select the Device-to-device Transfer option to transfer WhatsApp chats from old phone to new Android.
- 1 How do I transfer my WhatsApp chat history to my new phone?
- 2 How do I get my old WhatsApp messages on my new phone?
- 3 How do I transfer WhatsApp messages to new phone without backup?
- 4 How can I retrieve my WhatsApp chat history?
- 5 Will I lose my WhatsApp conversations if I change iphones?
- 6 Where is WhatsApp backup stored?
- 7 How do I transfer WhatsApp from one phone to another without Google Drive?
- 8 How do I recover a WhatsApp account if I lost my phone but my new phone has a different number?
- 9 How do I transfer my messages to my new phone?
- 10 Are deleted WhatsApp messages gone forever?
- 11 Can WhatsApp messages be traced after deleted?
How do I transfer my WhatsApp chat history to my new phone?
Here is how to transfer WhatsApp chats to a new phone:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Tap the Menu icon and then tap on Settings.
- Now tap on “Chats” from the list of settings.
- Tap on Chat Backup.
- Then tap on “Account” to select or add your Google Drive account.
How do I get my old WhatsApp messages on my new phone?
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Tap the Menu icon > Settings.
- Tap “Chats” from the list of settings.
- Tap Chat Backup.
- Tap “Account” to select or add your Google Drive account.
- Check “Include Videos” if you would like to export them too.
How do I transfer WhatsApp messages to new phone without backup?
4.1 Method 1 – Transfer via Google Drive
- Open WhatsApp on your old Android device. Go to the menu button, followed by Settings, and then go to Chats.
- Go to Google Drive and pick a backup frequency. Alternatively, you can select back up now.
- Download WhatsApp on your new phone, verify your number.
How can I retrieve my WhatsApp chat history?
How to restore your chat history
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and verify your number.
- When prompted, tap RESTORE to restore your chats and media from Google Drive.
- After the restoration process is complete, tap NEXT.
- WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files after your chats are restored.
Will I lose my WhatsApp conversations if I change iphones?
You would not lose your WhatsApp chat history even if you change your phone. How do I transfer my WhatsApp chat history to my new phone? You will see a green ‘Backup’ button, tap on it to backup your chats locally on your phone. The backup file will be available in your local storage in the Database folder of WhatsApp.
Where is WhatsApp backup stored?
WhatsApp chat backups are stored in Google Drives. You can change the frequency at which your WhatsApp chats are saved. Google Drive saved two recent copies of your WhatsApp chat backups.
How do I transfer WhatsApp from one phone to another without Google Drive?
How to transfer WhatsApp data to new Android phone without Google
- Step 1: Create a local backup on WhatsApp.
- Step 2: Install RAR or any other file compression application.
- Step 3: Compress your WhatsApp data.
- Step 4: Move the data to your new phone.
- Step 5: Install WhatsApp on your new phone.
How do I recover a WhatsApp account if I lost my phone but my new phone has a different number?
- Insert the new SIM card with the new number into your device.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Check if your old phone number is currently verified.
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Account > Change number.
- Enter your old phone number in the top box.
- Enter your new phone number in the bottom box.
How do I transfer my messages to my new phone?
Open the app on both phones. On the main screen, tap the “Transfer” button. A new box will open with the details of how transferring works—in a nutshell, it sends the info over Wi-Fi. Select the appropriate option on each phone: “Send from this phone” on the old handset, “Receive on this phone” on the new one.
Are deleted WhatsApp messages gone forever?
Whenever you clear (or delete) a message, or a batch of messages on WhatsApp, (be it an individual chat or a group message), they disappear from your screen immediately. A recent finding from an iOS researcher Jonathan Zdziarski reveals that WhatsApp retains all your messages that you have been deleting.
Can WhatsApp messages be traced after deleted?
So, if messages are not stored on a chat platform’s server, can they be accessed or retrieved even if the user has deleted them? However, since chats and calls through Whatsapp and other messenger platforms remain encrypted end-to-end, these cannot be intercepted during transmission, unlike regular phone conversations.