Here, we share 10 ways that your smartphone can help you learn so you can be better equipped to pursue your goals.
- STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR ASSIGNMENTS.
- RECORD LECTURES.
- USE NOTETAKING APPS.
- LISTEN TO PODCASTS.
- USE VIDEO TO RECORD PRESENTATIONS.
- KEEP TRACK OF YOUR CALENDAR.
- READ YOUR BOOKS.
- GET YOUR RESEARCH QUESTIONS ANSWERED.
What can you do with a smartphone as a student?
- Smartphones can also improve your health as you’re studying healthcare. New fitness and exercise apps appear every week, and a lot of them are great, particularly for students who have a limited amount of time to exercise.
- 1 How do I use smartphone in my studies?
- 2 How smartphones are useful for students?
- 3 Can you study using your phone?
- 4 How can phones help with learning?
- 5 Are smartphone good for learning?
- 6 Do smartphones help or hurt students?
- 7 How do phones affect students academic performance?
- 8 How are phones helpful?
- 9 Which mobile is best for students?
- 10 How can I use my smartphone wisely?
- 11 Why are phones good for learning?
- 12 Are phones useful in school?
- 13 Why is mobile phone significant for a learner?
How do I use smartphone in my studies?
Here are six ways to use students’ smartphones for learning:
- Create short videos.
- Scan QR codes.
- Access an online dictionary and thesaurus.
- Collaborate and share with Padlet and Twitter.
- Listen to podcasts and read the news.
- Use the apps, obviously.
How smartphones are useful for students?
The study found that smartphones were very useful to the students; it enables them to take lecture notes, surfing the internet and instant taking of concept for later use. Also, it enables students to read ahead of time before class to have a fair idea of lessons yet to be taught.
Can you study using your phone?
Mobile devices are useful learning tools for many students because they are easier, quicker, and more convenient to use than desktop computers and laptops (Sergio, 2012).
How can phones help with learning?
Allow students to adapt assignments Students might produce a video, make slides or Prezis, collaborate on a paper, or write reviews—all on their phones. Student choice in platform or presentation often produces outcomes teachers never would have imagined when designing a project, and students have more fun in the end.
Are smartphone good for learning?
So while smartphones can be a distraction, they can also be embraced as an excellent learning tool. Without a doubt, smartphones are a gateway to information and, if used appropriately, have the potential to enhance students’ learning and their skill preparation for secondary and post-secondary education.
Do smartphones help or hurt students?
Researchers at Kent State University, for example, found that among college students, more daily cellphone use (including smartphones) correlated with lower overall GPAs. The research team surveyed more than 500 students, controlling for demographics and high-school GPA, among other factors.
How do phones affect students academic performance?
STUDY TITLE: THE IMPACT OF MOBILE PHONE USAGE ON STUDENT LEARNING. MAIN FINDING: College students who were not using their cell phones wrote down 62% more information in their notes, and scored a letter grade and a half higher on a multiple choice test than those students who were actively using their phones.
How are phones helpful?
Cell phones are the perfect way to stay connected with others and provide the user with a sense of security. Cell phone users can instantly send data to the home or office, check for important email, use their cell phone as a PDA or calendar, and store photos which can be easily transferred to a PC or laptop computer.
Which mobile is best for students?
Best Android phones for students 2021
- Best overall: Google Pixel 4a.
- Best alternative: Samsung Galaxy A52 5G.
- Best battery: POCO M3.
- Best flagship: OnePlus 9.
- Best low cost: Nokia G20 – Polar Night.
- Best stylus: Moto G Stylus (2021)
How can I use my smartphone wisely?
Cell Phones and Health: 5 Tips for Using Your Phone Wisely
- Don’t Drive & Talk or Text.
- Keep Your Phone Away From Your Body.
- Choose a Phone with a Low SAR.
- Use Your Landline When Possible.
- Only Use When the Signal is Strong.
Why are phones good for learning?
Cell phones give students access to tools and apps that can help them complete and stay on top of their class work. These tools can also teach students to develop better study habits, like time management and organization skills.
Are phones useful in school?
In fact, cell phones in schools do far more good than harm as they prepare students for the real world, help them learn how to be responsible, are engaging learning tools, and help promote safety.
Why is mobile phone significant for a learner?
Mobiles phones made it much easier to be in social media. The student really needs their availability in social media because it helps them to get in touch with higher officials which make them get better career. Education: In education wise, it is very helpful for students.