Why does my iPhone have no internet connection?
- This is a common explanation for why Find My iPhone isn’t working. Your phone might have no internet connection due to being out of range or Wi-Fi or cellular networks, or because the person who has it turned off those features (by enabling Airplane Mode through Control Center, for instance).
- 1 Why does my smartphone not connect to the Internet?
- 2 How do you fix your phone when it wont connect to WiFi?
- 3 Why my mobile data is not working?
- 4 How do I get my phone to connect to the Internet?
- 5 Why is the Internet not working?
- 6 What to do if Wi-Fi is not working?
- 7 How do I fix no Internet connection?
- 8 Why is my 4G LTE not working?
- 9 What are APN settings?
- 10 How do I get my Samsung phone to connect to the Internet?
- 11 How do I connect to the Internet on my Android phone?
- 12 Where’s the home button on my phone?
Why does my smartphone not connect to the Internet?
Reset your phone’s network and OS settings Restarting your phone can clear glitches and help it reconnect to Wi-Fi. If your phone still won’t connect, then it’s time to do some resetting. In the Settings app, go to “General Management.” There, tap “Reset.” Your phone will restart — try connecting to Wi-Fi again.
How do you fix your phone when it wont connect to WiFi?
Make sure your phone is running on the latest operating system by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update and check to see if you need to update. Make sure something hasn’t gone awry with your WiFi by resetting your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Why my mobile data is not working?
“My mobile data is on but not working” could be caused by a minor system glitch or an error from your mobile operator that can be fixed by rebooting your phone. In that case, just reboot your phone to see if the trick works: You can restart most Android devices by long-pressing the power button for about 10 seconds.
How do I get my phone to connect to the Internet?
To connect an Android phone to a wireless network:
- Press the Home button, and then press the Apps button.
- Under “Wireless and Networks”, make sure “Wi-Fi” is turned on, then press Wi-Fi.
- You may have to wait a moment as your Android device detects wireless networks in range, and displays them in a list.
Why is the Internet not working?
There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
What to do if Wi-Fi is not working?
Fix Wi-Fi connection problems
- Step 1: Check settings & restart. Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect.
- Step 2: Find the problem type. Phone: Try connecting to the Wi-Fi network with another device, like a laptop computer or friend’s phone.
- Step 3: Troubleshoot by problem type. Phone.
How do I fix no Internet connection?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”.
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
Why is my 4G LTE not working?
If your mobile data is giving you trouble, one of the first things you should try is turning airplane mode on and off. Paths can differ slightly depending your Android version and phone manufacturer, but you can usually enable Airplane mode by going to Settings > Wireless & networks > Airplane mode.
What are APN settings?
APN settings (which stands for Access Point Name settings) contain information that’s needed to make data connections through your phone — especially internet browsing. In most cases, BT One Phone APN settings and MMS (picture) settings are automatically set up in your phone, so you can use mobile data straight away.
How do I get my Samsung phone to connect to the Internet?
Connecting to a Wi-Fi Network on my Samsung Device
- 1 Swipe down to access your Quick Settings and tap on. to turn on your Wi-Fi settings.
- 2 Tap on the word Wi-Fi to view available Wi-Fi networks.
- 3 Select your Wi-Fi network.
- 4 Enter the Password then tap Connect.
How do I connect to the Internet on my Android phone?
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Open the Settings app. It’s found in the apps drawer, but you’ll also find a shortcut in the quick actions drawer.
- Choose Wi-Fi or Wireless & Networks.
- Choose a wireless network from the list.
- If prompted, type the network password.
- Touch the Connect button.
The biggest button on the phone is the Home button. It’s on the bottom of the front screen.